This post is the first one in an on-going series which we are creating here at the Fun Music Company of Tools for #FunMusicTeachers.
In this series of articles we aim to give teachers lots of ideas and resources for making their music lessons FUN!
Having a few music theory jokes in the memory is always a good thing as a teacher, so we hope you enjoy a few of these for your next music theory lesson, or whenever you want to lighten the mood!
This little list has something for everyone – some that suit younger students, and some that are a little more intellectual.
Feel free to add your own favorite music theory jokes in the comment section below!
1. Why was the musician arrested?
She got in treble.
2. What musical keys do cows sing in?
3. Want to hear the joke about a staccato?
Never mind — it’s too short.
4. Want to hear the one about a fermata?
Wait, it’s too long.
5. Someone keyed the music teacher’s car.
Fortunately, the damage seems to B minor.
6. Middle C, E flat, and G walk into a bar.
“Sorry,” the bartender says. “We don’t serve minors.”
7. What do you get when you drop a piano down a mine shaft?
A flat minor.
8. What do you get when you drop a piano on an army base?
A Flat Major
9. What do you get when you play New Age music backwards?
New Age music.
10. Arnold Schoenberg walks into a bar. “I’ll have a gin please, but no tonic.”